Saturday, 2 February 2013
Kodaikanal is the town in the hills of taluk partition of Dindigul area in the Tamil Nadu State. The meaning of Kodaikanal in Tamil words means, the Gift of the Forest. Kodaikanal is referred as the Princess of the Hill stations also it has an elongated record as the huge number of hotels and well-liked tourist destination positioned here.
This well-known tourist location was situated in the year of 1845 as a harbor from lofty warmth and stifling diseases of plains. The whole confined financial system is depending on hospitality management serving tourism.
Kodaikanal is the name of an appealing hill station, which stands amid ofmagnificence on southern peak of the greater Palani Hills next to Madurai in the Indian State of Tamil Nadu. Through its swings, woods, beautiful lake along with revitalizing air; it is the perfect hot-spot for vacationer.
The princess of the hill station positioned amid of the lush, it is the most well-liked tranquil hill spot in India, which mesmerizes any tourist also is frequented all the year long.
The initial inhabitants of Kodaikanal were the tribal inhabitants. Contemporary Kodaikanal was recognized by the missionaries of American and British administrator in the year of 1845, as a harbor from lofty temperatures and hot diseases of basic. In twentyth century a small number of selected Indians came to understand the worth of this captivating hill stop as well as started relocating in Kodaikanal.
How To Reach
Madurai airport is merely 120 km far from the attractive tourist spot of Tamil Nadu. Also Madurai is well linked to Chennai as well as Coimbatore.
People could easily access to the nearby Rail station of Kodai road, as it is positioned 80 km distance from Kodaikanal. Not only the kodai Road also Coimbatore junction is main hill road area, it is centrally connected to max Indian cities.
There are bounty of bus services to arrive at Kodaikanal from Madurai, Kochi, Bangalore, Coimbatore and also Chennai. There are also numbers of tourist service sources who provide huge range of expensive deluxe, non ac and ac buses to Kodaikanal at per head Rs 3 to 4 per km rate.
Places To Visit
There are number of places where people could spend their leisure time. Devil's Kitchen is one of them. It is a typical hazardous deep hidden narrow valley which exactly looks similar to little shady channels but it is actually afall. People who love adventure and also people who want to enjoy the risk in alter of fun; Devil’s Kitchen is the hot spot for them.
The three granite rocks generally called boulders are stands up right shoulder to shoulder is called Pillar rocks. It is the well known spot of Kodaikanal.
Bear Shola Falls
Visitors first choice is The Bear Shola falls positioned in Kodaikanal. The name Bear Shola describes that in ancient time bears generally used to arrive to the falls and swallow water from the fall.
Weather And Best Time To Visit
Tamil Nadu has a topical weather. In the month of March -May the standardflanked by 11°C -20°C. As Kodaikanal has the subtropical climate winters are too much cool and summer seasons are too much hot. In those seasons the maximum temperature varies near about 17°C and smallest amount touches approx 8°C. In the month of January, formations of ice are seen in darkness also temperature can fall down to the glacial level. During the month of June - September Princess of Hill Station, Kodaikanal has middling and normal rainfall.
Best Time To Visit
One can go to spend holidays all the year long, particularly during the time of summers to winters. But try to ignore monsoon season.
Language And Culture
Local people of KodaiKanal generally communicate in Tamil also in English.
The Royal Cottage provides the exotic comfortable accommodation along with warmth hospitality. Travel generally means hassle than synchronization, more anxiety than pleasure; contemporary visitors are always looking for modern choices.
Address: Royal Cottage, Bear Shola Road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Hotel Cliffton is one of exotic retreats positioned merely 1 km. away from the kosdai bus stop. This retreat is too close to tarn as well as. Each accommodation comes with all modern also basic amenities.
Address: Hotel Cliffton, Bearshola Road, Kodaikanal - 624101
Festivals And Activities
In the time of Summer Festivals, hills are so welcoming to greeting the tourists. The festivals in Summer times are held in 'Queen of Hill Stations', the evergreen Ooty; the beautiful Kodaikanal. Artistic events, exploit sports, vessel and, flowers and also fruit shows put in to the majesty of the carnival.
Palani Hill is the ideal place for short time trekking. If you want then you could take small treks-hikes. Also you can go to the nearest viewpoints. Also you can trek all over the night and can spend quality times at confined village.
Silver Castle Resort
This exotic retreat situated in innate emerald environs of Prakashpuram Shanbajanoor. This three Star retreat offers forty valley-facing accommodations along with 24*7. Tourists can allure their experience blossoms to some delectable delights which are offered at cuisine eatery named Salt-n-Pepper.
Address: Silver Castle Resort, Prakashpuram Shanbajanoor, Kodaikannal, Kodaikanal – 624101
The Carlton is well decorated retreat positioned in Kodaikanal at striking hillthe Indian State of Tamil Nadu. The Carlton is only five star hill the rim of lake.
Address: The Carlton, Lake Road, Kodaikanal - 624101
As there are number of transport tourist can choose for. Bus takes a trip from Kodaikanal foothills to chief hill station. The charges in Kodaikanal vary around 10 rupees to 20 rupees, normally the charge always depending on category of journey.
You can opt for Cycle as cycles are also obtainable in Kodaikanal for hire. Cycles are well favored by visitors and locals. Alleges for hiring a bike will near around 300 rupees to 350 rupees. Those are normally favored form of journey.
At the time of travelling within Kodaikanal, you can walk to and fro for watching side view. It is the recompense of spending holiday in Kodaikanal.
Thekkady- 154 km
Thekkady is the imperative visitor destination, which is positioned at Idduki. Thekkady is centrally positioned160 miles away from Thiruvananthapuram also it is famous for.
Kanyakumari- 285 km
Kanyakumari is the most striking places in India. It is recognized as Cape Comorin, Kanyakumari is packed with lots of attractive and striking visitor magnetism.
Khadi Emporium is one of the well known places for marketing. Also Handloom supportive Shops, Travancore Crafts Work, Kurinji Mini Supermarket, Government Sales Emporium, Kurinji Mini Supermarket also Spencer and Company are some famous.
Kodaikanal is gifted with some of classy amenities of nature so one can buys for natural oils also herbs, because these are originate in bounty in Kodaikanal. Embroidery work, Jewelry, superb needlework, home-produced chocolates, shawls, Kodai Cheese, balmy cloths, desiccated flowers, Jams and jelly, Brown bread, Peanut Butter,are some most popular shopping item.
WORLD HERITAGE SITES
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli Tourism
- Daman and Diu tourism
- Chandigarh Tourism
- Pondicherry Tourism
- Chhattisgarh tourism
- Jharkhand Tourism
- Uttar Pradesh tourism
- Arunachal Pradesh tourism
- Mizoram Tourism
- Tripura Tourism
- Meghalaya tourism
- assam tourism
- Punjab Tourism
- West Bengal Tourism
- Haryana Tourism
- Odisha (Orissa) Tourism
- Madhya Pradesh
- Kerala Tourism
- Nagaland Tourism
- Manipur Tourism
- Uttarakhand Tourism
- Goa Tourism
- Maharashtra Tourism
- Gujarat Tourism
- Rajasthan Tourism
- Delhi Tourism
- Himachal Pradesh Tourism
- Jammu & Kashmir Tourism
- Lakshadweep Tourism
- Andaman and Nicobar Tourism
- Tamil Nadu tourism
- Karnataka Tourism
- Andhra Pradesh Tourism
- South India Tours
- North India Tours
- Uttarakhand Valley Of Flowers Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Tarkeshwar Mahadev Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Rudraprayag Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Nanda Devi Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Uttarkashi Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Tehri Garhwal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Sattal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Hrishikesh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Ranikhet Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Ramgarh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pithoragarh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pauri Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Patal Bhuvaneshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pangot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Naukuchiatal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Nainital Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Mussoorie Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Munsiyari Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Mukteshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Lohaghat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Lansdowne Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Landour Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Khirsu Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kedarnath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kausani Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kanatal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Joshinath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Jeolikot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Harsil Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Gwaldam Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Garhwal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Gangolighat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dwarahat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dharchula Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dhanaulti Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dehradun Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Abbott Mount Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chopta Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chaukori Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Champawat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chamoli Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chakrata Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Binsar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bhowali Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bageshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bhimtal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Berinag Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Badrinath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Auli Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Askot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Almora Hill Station
- Alipore Zoological Gardens
- Allen Forest Zoo
- Arignar anna Zoological Park in Vandalur, Chennai
- Birsa Deer Park
- ChattBir Zoo
- Chennai Snake Park Trust
- Guwahati Zoo
- Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
- Jaipur Zoo
- Alipore Zoological Gardens
- Jawaharlal Nehru Biological Park
- ▼ February (367)