Saturday, 2 February 2013
|Location||Agartala, the capital city of Tripura, India.|
|Built by||Maharaja Radha Kishore Manikya|
|Main Attraction||Jagannath and Umamaheswar Temple, Public Halls, Chinese Room|
|Open to the Public|
|Nearest Metro Station||No Metro Services|
|Open||Monday to Saturday|
|Rs 5 (Adult), Rs 3 (Child), Rs 10 (Camera)|
Located in state capital Agartala of Tripura state, Ujjayanta Palace is a. Until 2011 it also served as the meeting position of the Tripura Legislative Assembly. Ujjayanta Palace is a visitormagnetism of Agartala, &Tripura Tourism Department organizes the tours here. Rabindranath Tagore has given this name of Ujjayanta Palace.
Ujjayanta Palace, located in the centre of the city, is a well-known royal residence, extended over a region of 1 km2. Fashionedcarving; Ujjayanta Palace was constructed by Maharaja RadhakishoreIan Manikaya during 1901 with an expenditure of ten lakh rupees. The forthas giant lughole fashion gardens, decorated by pools &springs, the beautifully ground, arched wooden ceiling &delicately crafted gates. The 3 storeyed hallconsists of a variedstructural plan with 3 elevated (the centre 1 has a height of 86'). Its fine laid out groundsconsist 2 huge tanks on each side &the springs are made in the design of the Mughal gardens. At night the citadel is floodlit.
Ujjayanta Palace was located around ten km distant from the city at one time. During year 1897, the palace was destroyed by a shocking earthquake. Finally it wasat the centre of the city. Various temple complexes are developed on each side of the citadel complex. These temples are of God Lakshmi-Narayan, Uma-Maheshwari, Kali &Jagannath. Tourists come to these places in huge numbers.
The palace is currently is Tripura Assembly House. The current drawer of the fort is Musical spray or Dance of Fountain in melody with composition. One must not miss this scene.
Ujjayanta Palace was constructed by Maharaja Radha Kishore Manikya in the year of 1899–1901with an expenditure of ten lakh (one million) rupeesregardless ofmonetarylimitations.The previousregal palace of the realm of Tripura was situated ten km (six mi) distant from Agartala. Nevertheless in 1897due to the shocking earthquake, the fort was destroyed &later restructured as Ujjayanta Palace in the centre of city of Agartala.
In 1949 after the combination of the Tripura Kingdom with India, nationalization of royal belongings took place. Ujjayanta Palace continuedvacant for a littletimesprevious tocommencement its presentfunction as the State Legislative Building.
Ujjayanta Palace complex covers a region of around 1 sq km.The major block extends eight hundred acres (3.2 sq. km), consisting public halls like the Throne space, the Durbar lobby, Library &the Reception lobby.Sir Alexander Martin of Messrs Martin & Co planned the neoclassicalfort.Specially notable is the Chinese Room. Chinese artisan crafted its ceiling. The 2 storiedfort consists of 3 huge domes, the biggestamong them is eighty six ft (26 m) elevated from the floor,&which relaxesover a 4 storied middle tower. The fort consists of&carved front gates. Current draws are the musical spring built in front of the major entrance, &the floodlights in the night-time. The lands are put down as proper Mughal gardens decorated with sprays. There are 2 hugenon-natural ponds on each face of the garden.
Numerous Hindu temples dwell in plots neighboring to Ujjayanta Palace, devoted to Lakshmi Narayan, Uma-Maheshwari, Kali & Jagannath.
How to Reach
Agartala is linked throughair travelto Guwahati, Delhi ad Calcutta.
Agartala has 2 closest railway stations that are Kumarghat (one sixty kms) &Dharama Nagar (two hundred kms). These two stations are situated on the North-East Frontier Railway. They are linked with Lumding and Guwahati, while Lumding &Guwahati are linked with Calcutta & various main Indian stations.
Fine motorable raods link Agartala with Silchar- two hundred eighty eight kms, Guwahati- five ninety nine kms, Shillong four ninety nine kms, Dharmanagar- two hundred kms. Road Transport Corporation of Tripura buses link Agartala to Silchar, Shillong &Dharma Nagar.
Nearby Places to Visit
Musical Fountain in melody withis the newest drawer of the fort. One must not miss this scene during visit to the palace.
On various faces of the palace compound, there are various temples dedicated to Uma-Maheshwari, Lakshmi-Narayan, Kali &Jagannath. Every year a huge amount of tourists are attracted here.
It’sdelightfullyput down gardens consist 2 big tanks on each side & the springs are marvelouslyput down in the way of the Mughal gardens. The major block here has 800 across with public halls such as Throne Room, Durbar Hall, Recreational Hall, Study, Library & several others.
Things to Do
Individual may enjoy the coming here to Ujjayanta Fort by taking pleasure in the Musical fountain in melody alongside with composition.
Weather and Best Time to Visit
Agartala is a space where individual may experience fairclimate all during the year.
- Summers (March to July month) are enjoyable with utmost temperature less than thirty five deg C, &tourists wish sightseeing in this time.
- Monsoons (August to October month) with irregularrains and Agratala looks gorgeous in rains.
- Winters (October to February month)provides gentlecold temperature and temperature may be as low as 10°C. For every type of tourist activity it is the enjoyableperiod.
Best timeAgartala is the entireyear time.
Agartala consists of little but finecollection of hotels - nobody very comfortable, but a little for everybody. All spaces are at easebuilt for the handiness of the travelers from all around. Alternative of eating spots are very restricted and obvious place will be individual own hotel.
Timings and Tickets
Timings: Open Hours: 5.00 pm to 7.30 pm (Last Entry - 6.30 pm).
Tickets: Rs 5 (Adult), Rs 3 (Child), Rs 10 (Camera).
WORLD HERITAGE SITES
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli Tourism
- Daman and Diu tourism
- Chandigarh Tourism
- Pondicherry Tourism
- Chhattisgarh tourism
- Jharkhand Tourism
- Uttar Pradesh tourism
- Arunachal Pradesh tourism
- Mizoram Tourism
- Tripura Tourism
- Meghalaya tourism
- assam tourism
- Punjab Tourism
- West Bengal Tourism
- Haryana Tourism
- Odisha (Orissa) Tourism
- Madhya Pradesh
- Kerala Tourism
- Nagaland Tourism
- Manipur Tourism
- Uttarakhand Tourism
- Goa Tourism
- Maharashtra Tourism
- Gujarat Tourism
- Rajasthan Tourism
- Delhi Tourism
- Himachal Pradesh Tourism
- Jammu & Kashmir Tourism
- Lakshadweep Tourism
- Andaman and Nicobar Tourism
- Tamil Nadu tourism
- Karnataka Tourism
- Andhra Pradesh Tourism
- South India Tours
- North India Tours
- Uttarakhand Valley Of Flowers Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Tarkeshwar Mahadev Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Rudraprayag Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Nanda Devi Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Uttarkashi Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Tehri Garhwal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Sattal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Hrishikesh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Ranikhet Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Ramgarh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pithoragarh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pauri Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Patal Bhuvaneshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pangot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Naukuchiatal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Nainital Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Mussoorie Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Munsiyari Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Mukteshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Lohaghat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Lansdowne Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Landour Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Khirsu Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kedarnath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kausani Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kanatal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Joshinath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Jeolikot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Harsil Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Gwaldam Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Garhwal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Gangolighat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dwarahat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dharchula Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dhanaulti Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dehradun Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Abbott Mount Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chopta Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chaukori Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Champawat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chamoli Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chakrata Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Binsar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bhowali Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bageshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bhimtal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Berinag Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Badrinath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Auli Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Askot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Almora Hill Station
- Alipore Zoological Gardens
- Allen Forest Zoo
- Arignar anna Zoological Park in Vandalur, Chennai
- Birsa Deer Park
- ChattBir Zoo
- Chennai Snake Park Trust
- Guwahati Zoo
- Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
- Jaipur Zoo
- Alipore Zoological Gardens
- Jawaharlal Nehru Biological Park
- ▼ February (367)