Tuesday, 5 February 2013
|Location||State of Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Nearest city||Located near to Panna, Khajuraho (25 km (16 mi))|
|Area||Expanded over an area of 542.67|
|Weather||Moderate and sunny climate|
Panna National Park was established in the year 1981 and then it got the declaration of the Project tiger in year 1944 and it is regarded as the 22 in whole country and 5 in its state. You would get to see some of the territorial forest regions and then Chhatarpur region was added in it. Some of the hunting preserves included- Chhatarpur, Panna and Bijawar.
Weather And Best Time To Visit
Best Time To Visit
If you are planning to visit this place, then best time is October and June and during monsoon time, the park would remain closed.
Places To Visit
This is one of the most attractive places for the diamond industry and this is one of the major reasons that it attracts many tourists. You can also plan your visit to the Rajgarh palace and this is one of the brilliant architectural places.
How To Reach
Khajuraho is regarded as one of the nearest airport and you can get access to the Jet airways that would be flying from Delhi till Khajuraho through Varanasi. In order to reach this place, you would be required to leave for varanasi and then take flights from there. You can also get access to the Delhi-Varanasi flight that would be leaving at 11:40.
If you are planning to reach this place through train, then you need to take the train through Satna and this is very well connected to western and Central India. You would also get access to the Express Mahakoshal and Rewa express as well. Some other includes- Gorakhpur Exp, Sanghamitra Exp, Varanasi Exp and many more.
This place is very well connected through the road network and you can easily travel to this place through the help of a train. Madla is located only 24 kms in the south western part of the Khajuraho and this is one of the outstanding transport centres. You can also take the National highway route 2 and national highway route 3 and enjoy your visit.
Flora And Fauna
This place is having very hot and dry climate and you would get to view low vindhyan soils. This place is known to have sharp woodlands along with the big grasses and you can also check out varieties of trees as well- Achar, Tendu, Mahua, Aonla, Salai, Kullu, and Bel. Some of the floral plants that are present at this place include- Buchnania latifolia, Melanoxylon, Madhuca indica, Anogeissus pendula, Bosswelia serrata, Diospyros, Tectona grandis and Anogeissus latifolia.
This place is known to have some of the wildest species of animals and you can also get to see the tiger and check out the Panther, Antelope, Sambhar, Bear, Blue bull and wild dog, Jackal, Chinkara and Monkey. You would also get to check out some of the reptiles as well and that is inclusive of lizards, snakes, frogs, Gharials and ambhibians. This is one of the home places to more than two hundred species of birds and you would get to view here white necked stork, the King Vulture, Bar-headed Goose, Blossom-headed Parakeet, Scimitar babbler and many more.
Tiger is regarded as the Jungle King and you can find here this species in small numbers. You would also get to view the Leopard, wolf, Hyanea, Caracal, smaller cats and many more species as well. You would also get to view the sloth bear and it would be present in its favorite room. It is made up of the wooden areas and you would get a view of Indian deer’s along with chowsingha, chital and Indian deer’s. You would also get a spectacular view of the chinkara and nilgai and they are present in open grasslands area especially on the peripheral region.
This is one of the beautiful places and it comprises of more than two hundred birds species and that is inclusive of bareheaded goose, white necked stork, King vulture, Paradise flycatcher, honey Buuzzard and many more.
You would get here to view some of the snakes and reptiles as well.
This place is having very hot and dry climate and it comprises of the dominating vegetation. Tourists would get here to see some of the beautiful deciduous forests and that is spread on grassland areas. You would also get to view the open woodlands, open grasslands and riverines as well. Some of the tree species that are present at this area includes- Diospyros melanoxylon, Tectona grandis, Buchnania latifolia, Anogeissus latifolia, Madhuca indica, Bosswelia serrata and Lannea coromandelica.
If you are interested in checking out this place and then you need to have your own jeep. Park authorities will be providing you with the boat ride and through which you can get to see the water predators and many more animals that would be present around lake. You can also enjoy the elephant safari and have the best time here. Tourists can enjoy the Gangau night safari and that would be provided by Ken lodge and its timings are 6:30 am to 10:30 and then 2:00to 5:00.
The timings of the park are as follows-6:30 to 10:30 AM & 2:30 to 5:30 PM.
Where To Stay
This is one of the ideal places and you would be getting access to Hinauta and Madla huts and they would be allotted to you on the basis of first come and first serve and also on the position of availability. Field director would be doing the reservation..
You can also get the private accommodation and that would be through-
- Ken river lodge: Ph. +91-07732-275235 (Mr. Vinne Raja)
- Jewel of Jungle: Ph. +91-07732-275241(Dr. Psyche Nigam)
- Panna Tiger Resort: Ph. +91-07732-275248(Mr. Ranveer Shikarwar)
Tourists would be required to pay an entry sum of Rs.40 and foreigners would be required to pay Rs.500. In order to avail the jeep, you would be required to pay Rs.1500 and enjoy the best forest reserve. Tourists are recommended to follow all the rules and regulations.
WORLD HERITAGE SITES
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli Tourism
- Daman and Diu tourism
- Chandigarh Tourism
- Pondicherry Tourism
- Chhattisgarh tourism
- Jharkhand Tourism
- Uttar Pradesh tourism
- Arunachal Pradesh tourism
- Mizoram Tourism
- Tripura Tourism
- Meghalaya tourism
- assam tourism
- Punjab Tourism
- West Bengal Tourism
- Haryana Tourism
- Odisha (Orissa) Tourism
- Madhya Pradesh
- Kerala Tourism
- Nagaland Tourism
- Manipur Tourism
- Uttarakhand Tourism
- Goa Tourism
- Maharashtra Tourism
- Gujarat Tourism
- Rajasthan Tourism
- Delhi Tourism
- Himachal Pradesh Tourism
- Jammu & Kashmir Tourism
- Lakshadweep Tourism
- Andaman and Nicobar Tourism
- Tamil Nadu tourism
- Karnataka Tourism
- Andhra Pradesh Tourism
- South India Tours
- North India Tours
- Uttarakhand Valley Of Flowers Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Tarkeshwar Mahadev Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Rudraprayag Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Nanda Devi Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Uttarkashi Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Tehri Garhwal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Sattal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Hrishikesh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Ranikhet Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Ramgarh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pithoragarh Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pauri Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Patal Bhuvaneshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Pangot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Naukuchiatal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Nainital Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Mussoorie Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Munsiyari Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Mukteshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Lohaghat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Lansdowne Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Landour Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Khirsu Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kedarnath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kausani Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Kanatal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Joshinath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Jeolikot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Harsil Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Gwaldam Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Garhwal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Gangolighat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dwarahat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dharchula Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dhanaulti Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Dehradun Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Abbott Mount Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chopta Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chaukori Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Champawat Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chamoli Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Chakrata Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Binsar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bhowali Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bageshwar Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Bhimtal Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Berinag Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Badrinath Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Auli Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Askot Hill Station
- Uttarakhand Almora Hill Station
- Alipore Zoological Gardens
- Allen Forest Zoo
- Arignar anna Zoological Park in Vandalur, Chennai
- Birsa Deer Park
- ChattBir Zoo
- Chennai Snake Park Trust
- Guwahati Zoo
- Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
- Jaipur Zoo
- Alipore Zoological Gardens
- Jawaharlal Nehru Biological Park
- ▼ February (367)